RE: virus: Question about Pi and whatnot

From: Kalkor (kalkor@kalkor.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 15:03:25 MST

[Roly]Like your message herm! On another note: do we have something more
interesting to talk about than islaam (probably insoluble), pi (definitely
insoluble!), failed language projects (no point in trying to solve these)
etc.!!! Please, any NEW topics or perhaps positive ideas about mathstongues,
spelling and stuff! Danko.

[Kalkor]Yes! I have a new topic to discuss! I even posted about it a few
days ago, but the rampant mathstongue fiasco overshadowed it and I got no
yet? Or maybe you all got a page into it and discarded it as drivel? I do
realize it's written in a 7th grade comprehension framework, but it's done
that way for a reason I thank. Or maybe not? Thoughts, anyone?

Original post about this:
<snip>
The main purpose of this email (ah, self reference cannot be avoided) is to
bring up discussion of a website someone I know pointed me to a few days
ago: www.neo-tech.com/thestory which introduces some interesting concepts
paralel to CoV in an engaging, emotional manner. Have any of you ever read
this story? Has it been discussed before on this list?

This is a long story, and took me several hours to work through. I could not
put it down, however, regardless of the simpering lovey-lovey feeling it
started to develop at the end. Reminded me of what might have happened if
Ayn Rand and Robert Heinlein had ever collaborated ;-} Valentine Michael
Smith Shrugged? Who knows...

For those that are still not interested enough, a brief synopsis: A young
woman has a traumatic, cathartic experience, and becomes the teacher for a
3rd grade class. The teachings consist of "question reality", "seek out the
essence", and "find the common denominator" lessons... in effect, push
through the illusions of what is thought/done and find out WHY. These
students eventually all grow up to be very successful, while the teacher is
exiled. A Journalism student discovers the link between several Nobel
Laureates, investigates, and brings all these people back together 27 years
later: the worlds richest man, the afforementioned scientists, a
presidential candidate, and others. Within a few years they allow mankind to
achieve biological immortality. Far fetched? Perhaps we'll never know, or
perhaps in retrospect we'll see something like this happen.

I just want to know if anyone else has spotted the paralels between this
neo-tech and CoV, and if so, have they been discussed here before? Has
effort been made to ensure that the carriers of each memeplex become exposed
to the memes of the other? Whoa, I'm confusing myself now.

So, greetings and I hope to make myself useful here as I continue to learn
to evaluate my behavior...
</snip>

Kalkor

Like your message herm! On another note: do we have something more
interesting to talk about than islaam (probably insoluble), pi (definitely
insoluble!), failed language projects (no point in trying to solve these)
etc.!!! Please, any NEW topics or perhaps positive ideas about mathstongues,
spelling and stuff! Danko.

Oh, and Casey, can you sign the guestbook on my site PLEASE (!!!!) seeing as
you thought it was ok!!! You see, we really need entries! Cheers!