virus: More neo-tech exploration

From: Kalkor (kalkor@kalkor.com)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 14:16:10 MST

After my sophomoric posts of yesterday, I started playing around on the CoV
website some more, and found myself at memecentral, on the Level3 page
http://www.memecentral.com/level3.htm
While reading through some of the Essays by Richard Brodie, I was struck
even more by the paralels, things that are stated very succinctly and
eloquently by Brodie which were also cornerstones of the philosophy
presented by neo-tech:

"People who are on purpose shine with an unmistakable light. Discover your
light. Uncover your light. The more truly you express yourself, the bigger
difference you make. If I express myself truly, with the constant intention
to add value, not to destroy it, I have found my life purpose. "
http://www.memecentral.com/L3Purpose.htm
"Sometimes we decide that our own personal fulfillment should take a back
seat to the difference we can make in the world. This is always a trap. I am
nourished and motivated by meeting my Level-1 needs. Denying them is
counterproductive. What works is to identify them and find a way to meet
them en route to making that difference."
http://www.memecentral.com/L3Status.htm
"Sometimes people know what they stand against, but not what they stand for.
This is a position of weakness because standing against a thing requires the
continued existence of that thing. It also eliminates the possibility of
finding a happy partnership with someone who stands for that which you are
against. No, the power is in taking strong stands for, in alignment with my
purpose. Imagine a world full of people standing for different things, all
able to find ways to work together to make all their visions come true. It
works so much better than a world full of people standing against the
cherished beliefs of one another. "
http://www.memecentral.com/L3Tolerance.htm
My previous post about the ancient galactic civilization was just something
I found interesting in the neo-tech novel, and in some respects it was, in
the novel, the mindset that allowed people to take a step back and evaluate
their religion, and realize that if this is true, then they don't have to
worry about the "I will go to hell if I don't believe in god" meme
anymore... Since, as the story maintains, the most valuable thing in the
universe is a Creator of Value, wouldn't this ancient civilization want to
use their awesome powers to save the SELF of dying human value creators,
while waiting for humanity to discover a way to do this on their own? Would
this not be God and Heaven? hmmmm Possibly just a trick to set peoples'
minds at ease, which is the whole point to start with.
I would like to hear your thoughts and comments on some of the concepts
fundamental to Neo-Tech that seem to have EXACT paralels in CoV such as:
1)Live at Level3 (find your life purpose, which is most likely to create
value for yourself, others, society, etc)
2)Do away with external authority in all forms; ie realize that YOU and no
one/thing else is responsible for the choices and consequences of your life.
Total integrated honesty and accountability
3)Work together toward a positive goal such as preservation of the species,
rather than AGAINST something...
I bring all this up not to convince you folks of the value of neo-tech, but
rather to assure that people such as yourselves, who are already receptive
to such concepts, know that there are others out there with similar
philosophies but different names. In this way we can learn from each other
how to teach the rest of the world to discover their life purpose, and
pursue it, and create value, and get this snowball rolling out of control!
Some of the concepts I've seen explained better in the neo-tech novel, and
some I've seen explained better by people on this list, and some explained
better by Brodie in his essays and books. Constant improvement of
brainwashing techniques! Pardon the negative connotations on the last
sentence...
Babble intended,
Kalkor