RE: virus: Immense Asteroid Passes Earth

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 21:55:18 MST

      The last big asteroid hit, it is thought, took place about 65 million
years ago and precipitated the end of the dinosaur dynasty, birds excepted.

      There have been about 4 or 5 big hits on the earth that we know of, at
least one was more catastrophic than the event which took out the dinosaurs.

      I have a question for the astronomers and statisticians of CoV:aren't
we about due for another big hit sometime soon? What are the odds? How
"soon" is soon in geological time?

      anxiously yours

      Blunderov