RE: virus: 20 points, some advice and a challenge or two to Yash. PS Ping for Casey/Walter

From: Yash (yashk2000@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 15:27:46 MST

[Hermit]Don't argue on the basis of authority. Claims to authority will
generally
(and rightly IMO) be ignored. There are far more years of education present
on the CoV than on most forums, and expertise in many fields, yet a sensible
fourteen year old can post here without concern that their opinion will be
sneered at simply because they don't have a grey beard and a PhD. And
(rightly again) a PhD will be sneered at if they post nonsense (although, in
all fairness, it is usually the other way around. But then, I'm biased).

But later....

[Hermit] As a scientist (specialized in communication theory and
structures), as an amateur historian with far deeper knowledge of the
Ancient World and Orient (as well as the late Renaissance, Restoration and
early Industrial Age) than most, and having extensive cryptographic and
actuarial experience, I feel more than qualified and competent to comment on
it - and largely in field.

[Yash] Here again you'd want other people to follow certain rules, but you
can't help breaking them at the first opportunity. You're so full of shit
you think you're above rules but you would set some upon other people,
right?

The funny thing is, this time, we can see this clearly in a single post of
verbal dhiarrea of yours.

I think it's a short trip till you realise how worthless you really are.
This is gonna hurt bad, I'm telling you.

See, I don't care how qualified you are or you feel to be, as soon as you're
distorting arguments and can't admit your failings, you're toast.

Yash.