RE: virus: Hermitish thinking & personal motivations

From: Brian Phillips (deepbluehalo@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 14:22:15 MST

Yash,
  I don't mean to be an asshole, but
his deconstruction of your arguement
was such that I was delighted to
hear about his childhood in such detail,
it gives me an idea or three on how to
raise my own.
  I apreciate the book reference, it looks
interesting, as soon as I'm done with
this next item on Cattell and trait theory
I'll eat that.
  Again, not to be a jerk... but you
didn't just lose..you got beat old son.
It was like feeding a chihuahua to
a very large hungry boa constrictor.

Herm,
  The biography was fascinating. The
"write a report" for your toy/treat was
a particularly fascinating parental strategem.
  Are you familar with the Doman method's
of childhood enrichment? What are your
thoughts on exposing infants and toddlers
to literature in this fashion?
   A thought experiment Hermit.
  You are getting another chance...
  That is you are given an indeterminate
amount of money (which you can only use
as funding for this project).
  You have an embryo cloned from your own
cell tissue (This is the only "magic" part of the
thought experiment). Several, in case implantation
is problematic.
  What are your next moves? optimal environment?
language aquisition? psychosocial set and setting?
surrogate selection for the "mother"? First
6 years of life? plan til puberty?
  Also as an aside I'd like to hear you demolish
General Semantics (I have this weird feeling there
is a deep flaw there you have thought about).

regards,
Brian

<Hmmm,

Ifg oyu're serious about improving your thought processes, I would say you'd
be much better off getting your hands on:

"The Art of Thinking - A Guide to Critical & Creative Thought" - Vincent
Alan Ruggiero.
ISBN 0-673-99325-6.

The only thing Hermit deconstructed is his credibility and my opinion of
him.

Regards,

Yash.>>