RE: virus: I can telnet out! any ideas?

From: Dylan Sunter (dylan.sunter@fisystem.com)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 05:03:01 MST

you could use it for hacking purposes.

find yourself a company on the ORBS blacklisted database. Telnet onto their
mailserver on port 25, and send a message to a mark that you find, spoofing
it as the administrator. (get this info from the website or whois lookup).
Tell them that there is a problem with the password database and could they
please send me their login password. A nice form of social engineering.

Hey presto....my view is if they cant secure their email system from being
used by a 3rd party, they wont have very good security at all, and can be
exploited...possible work for yourself fixing this????

Naturally, this is theoretical only and I would of course NEVER endorse
breaking into anyones computer system by whatever means for any
purpose....officer. ;-)