Re: virus: Kalkor: no claims made...

From: Michele Wiegand (michele@ulster.net)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 07:20:03 MST

On 15 Jan 2002, at 13:31, Mermaid . wrote:

<snip>
[Mermaid]I have been trying for sometime now to get people to read or at
least appreciate the advantages of first hand knowledge. I keep dropping
hints in the form of book titles, urls and ways and means to search for
information themselves. I am wondering what it will take for people to start
reading for themselves here instead of aping the loudest in this group.
Unfortunately, Hermit has won. He has succeded in making some of the
denizens of CoV lazy. Too lazy to read. Too lazy to think. Too lazy to do
their own research. Too lazy to come to their own conclusions. This place
has become stagnant and stale to the point where asking someone to refer to
the original text amounts to making some kind of assertion. Shame!

---
I don't think everyone need be fascinated by the same pool of
topics. If people find these claims about Vedic math fascinating
enough to research, de gustibus. To call the silent majority lazy
because everyone else is not fascinated by the same topics as
you and Yash is a misplaced commentary on the situation.
Further, the discussion seems to be bypassing the topic.
Michele