virus: Focus on the PA of the Yashemite

From: L' Ermit (lhermit@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 13:54:14 MST

[Kirk Steele to Yash] The fact that you envoked the racist response in the
first place is beyond chilling. Point of clarification here, to
intentionally erroneously evoke the race card is in itself racism. No
socialogist will disagree. I have no bloody idea what race you are.

[Hermit suggests] Whatever race it is, it is passive aggressive, stupid and
nasty.

[Hermit] Kirke Steele was correct. Look and think about this response from
Yash, it is one of the most blatantly indicative of multiple psychological
disorders I have ever seen. The sequence was that Steele correctly stated
that the misuse of "base" in "Vedic Maths" was an indicator that the author
was half-baked, that in consequence the book was bunk, and that asserting
that it was not bunk said something about the person making the assertion.
Yash responded by imputing that Steele is a racist. After this had been
pointed out by at least three people, Yash acknowledged that <em>maybe</em>
he was wrong to do so, but that it was Steele's fault anyway. And now Yash
apparently has the temerity to claim that he is "morally superior"
<em>because</em> he "apologized" (In Hermit's opinion saying "maybe I was
wrong, but you gave me grounds" is not an apology anyway).

[Hermit] Look carefully at Yash doing this:

[Yash] "It shows he is respectful even if he believes I did wrong. He might
have dismissed me by being really insulting and this probably wouldn't have
had the same effect. A very wise thing to do indeed. And I'm mature enough
to see that I was probably wrong in raising the subject although note that I
didn't say "racist": I said there was a "racist slant" to your post."

[Hermit] Here Yash again attempts to assert his imagined superiority and
ability to pass judgments on Steele, Sebby and anyone else - and seems to
think that he now has the "moral high ground" to call anyone he wants to
names. I'm sure psychologists have more accurate words to describe people
like this.

[Hermit] Fuckwit seems far to mild.

===
[Yash] All this blabber from someone who recently calimed "Look at Base 50!
This guy doesn't know Shite to Shinola".

[Hermit Seems that Steele was correct about this too. A "Hindu" "pope" is
not the person I would ask for advice on mathematics.]

[Yash] Then, all manners of deviations and contortions to simply finally say
"yeah, but he is using misleading terms", which amounted to saying that you
didn't get the information correctly in the first place, and even after
re-reading it so many times.

[Yash] A simple "I was wrong" or "I didn't read it properly" or "Sorry, I
got the wrong impression"or "Sorry, I misled others by my hasty post" r
"Sorry, I only gave the text a cursory glance" from you would have sufficed.

[Hermit notes that Steele was not wrong and had nothing to apologize for.
Yash is the one to whom this applies. Or does Yash think that he can insult
anyone one likes and then shrug it off by saying "I might have been wrong."
I wonder where in France Yash hails from, his manners seem worse even than
those of a Parisian. And they are as notorious - or worse - than New
Yorkers.]

[Yash] Acknowledging your own failings is the first step to
self-improvement.

[Hermit notes - that this statement applies to the Yashemite more than
anyone else and considers the fact that the Yashemite can't see it to be a
significant indicator that not all is well with the bee that the Yashemite
keeps in his bonnet.]

[Yash] As it is, I already apologised if I got your statements incorrectly.
As it is, you resort often to name-calling. One can easily understand how
misconceptions about your intents can arise when all you can say is a pack
of insults.

[Hermit notes that Yash has it wrong as usual. It is Hermit that accurately
labeled him a fuckwit, not Steele - or Sebby. And notes that Yash seems
determined to prove Hermit correct. But careful classification is not name
calling either, how could it be?].

[Yash] You say Dr. Sebby was sarcastic. It may be rightly so. It might have
been his intention. But to me, the fact that he didn't resort to any
name-calling but rather transformed his objection and his noting of some
error on my part into a humorous piece is to be saluted.

[Yash] It shows he is respectful even if he believes I did wrong. He might
have dismissed me by being really insulting and this probably wouldn't have
had the same effect. A very wise thing to do indeed. And I'm mature enough
to see that I was probably wrong in raising the subject although note that I
didn't say "racist": I said there was a "racist slant" to your post.

[Hermit notes that Yash assumes that Dr Sebby respects him. Hermit respects
Dr Sebby far to much to assume any such thing...]

[Yash] You do not show such things in your posts, quite the contrary.

[Hermit notes again that Steele has no reason to.]