Re: virus: Why is Mermaid attempting to cover up for Yash and flooding the list?

From: ben (ben@machinegod.org)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 10:01:25 MST

[Hermit]
Hermit asks: will a yes or no answer will be classed as a con, and if so,
would the con by itself be sufficient to persuade you to take a hike - or at
least take your yawling off-list? Nobody is admiring the games you are
playing, bar yourself.

[ben]
Just to clarify: Two weeks of repetitive flamewar effluvia between you and
the Yash is perfect fodder for everyone to wade through, but a few posts
about the behaviour of your #1 fan is taboo?

[ben]
Yash reporting his actions to any outside party was unnecessary and
revolting to me personally, but that does not excuse the original
publication of private data, which I suspect was motivated by a simple
(adolescent?) desire to show off. As you have so eloquently demonstrated, it
is not a lack of possiblity that prevents most people from doing so but
instead common simple good manners, the lack therof being demonstrated more
aptly by Kirk's little chest-puffing excercise than anything else he might
have been wishing to impart.

-ben