Re: virus: How Christianity - conflicts with the US Constitution.

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 22:52:19 MST

On 23 Jan 2002 at 8:40, L' Ermit wrote:

> [Hermit 0*] Seeing as it appears that we are to be inflicted with lengthy
> op-eds about the evils of Islam on a regular basis, I am now going to begin
> a similar program reflecting the evils of Christianity.
>
> [Richard Ridge 0] I'm not sure what the rationale for the above is - as far
> as I've noted any individual who has posted comments critical of Islam on
> this forum has also posted comments critical of Christianity. I'm not sure
> we really want to get into the habit of splitting hairs about which
> antediluvian belief system we consider to be least worst, given that we
> cannot consider either of them to be 'the best possible conceptual framework
> for living and thinking.'
>
> [Hermit 1] I agree. Completely. With all of the above. But if we are going
> to pick out one Theist religion that is not particularly relevant to any of
> our lives to slam, primarily on its political and social failings, then we
> should slam them all. I simply chose one which seemed to have more relevance
> to most Virians and which is at least as unpleasant and irrational as Islam.
>
> [Hermit 1] But my point was similar to yours, only mine was the "illustrated
> edition". Why bother with any of them. It isn't as if we were concerned
> about them winning converts amongst the Virians. And they are all equally
> harmful to their societies and equally easy to trash.

At this point, considering the written, spoken and recent historical
evidence, I consider it beyond dispute that islam is presently the most
absolutistic, fundamentalist, virulent and violemt of the patriarchal
monotheisms, or at leat exhibite the greatest tendenct to slide in such a
direction, as well asn the greatest percentage of adherents who have
so slid, and thus poses the greatest threat to the advancement and
progress of humanity towards enlightened secular humanism, the
assimilation of the verification pronciple of science and popperian
falsifiability, and virion ideals.