Re: virus: How Christianity - conflicts with the US Constitution.

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 16:17:27 MST

On 25 Jan 2002 at 9:25, L' Ermit wrote:

> [Joe Dees] At this point, considering the written, spoken and recent
> historical evidence, I consider it beyond dispute that islam is presently
> the most absolutistic, fundamentalist, virulent and violent of the
> patriarchal monotheisms, or at leat exhibits the greatest tendency to slide
> in such a direction, as well asn the greatest percentage of adherents who
> have so slid, and thus poses the greatest threat to the advancement and
> progress of humanity towards enlightened secular humanism, the assimilation
> of the verification pronciple of science and popperian falsifiability, and
> virion ideals.
>
> [Hermit] Leaving aside sliding down the slippery slope, if we take the
> babble wielding BaptiCostalFundyMentalist (tm) idiots making up 20% of the
> population of the US, and use those as a yardstick to measure Christianity,
> I doubt that Christianity or indeed any Theist religion would fare any
> better. What you appear to me to be doing (and I could of course be wrong)
> is attempting to measure the worst fanatics of a particular religion against
> the best political system that the world currently has - and which only
> arose despite Christianity, not because of it.

In that case, their spite pales in comparison to the spite found in most
denizens of islamofundie countries, to whom the idea of church/state
separation is a foreign as the dark side of the moon. And the worst fanatics
of Islam, as far as death count per fanatic, have all the other faiths' rabid
elements beaten bodies down.

> [Hermit] As for threats, I suggest that it is the American Religious wrong in
> combination with the sons of "Abraham" in Israel that currently and
> demonstrably poses the greatest threat to the world. As they currently have
> their hands firmly on the reins of irresistible power, they, and they alone
> threaten the development of mankind, never mind the progress of humanity
> towards enlightened secular humanism. Right now, if you "gave" the Muslim
> world democracy, it would not work. They don't have the economics to allow
> it to. This same factor means that they ae not a significant factor in the
> global economies - of money, power, influence or ideas.

If we gave the islamofascists the existent global democracy, they would kill it
with alacrity and joy, and then violently beset all those who wouldn't turn
theur asses away from Mecca, as they have publicly sworn to do or die
attempting. I don't see how much more noxious a meme could be than that.

> [Hermit] Richard Ridge put it very nicely. Islam (in all its aspects) is an
> anchor to the past. Just as Judaism and Christianity (in all their aspects)
> are anchors to the past. Anchors that some of us have managed to escape by
> slipping our chains or shearing our hawsers. Just as there are lunatic
> Muslims, there are lunatic Jews and lunatic Christians. But just as with
> Christians and Jews, the vast majority of Muslims are not fanatics dedicated
> to the elimination of anything. They are nice people trying to get on with
> their lives. And the world is becoming more secular, and eventually, despite
> the lunatics trying to stop progress by dynamiting the tracks (like Senator
> John Hawkins with his Ten Commandments bill), the world will become a more
> secular place, where we can cordially hate one another for reasons other
> than belief.

Yes, but my point stands; it is actually heresy, punishable by death, for a
Muslim to decide not to believe in the Koran in a fundamentally literalistic
manner, include passages such as "beset them from every side' reserved for
the infidel nonbelievers, 'cut their fingers off', 'treat believers with kindness
and unbelievers with ruthlessness', and many more others than are
contained in the New Testaments and Pentateuch combined, and even
though I am reasonably certain that many, perhaps most, Muslims do indeed
commit this capital religious thoughtcrime offence within the privacy of their
own minds, few dare to do so publicly and vocally in most Muslim countries.
relative to internal critiques of other faiths, their relative silence is deafening,
and speaks to a terror and intimidation that menaces those considered to be
impurely within the religion with similar fervour to that which it reserves for
the Dar-AlHarb without. It is a simple matter of irretrieveable fact that most
of the most violent and virulent on-the-ground, fighting-for-a-faith-not-a-
state, holy terror warriors in the world indubitably belong to one religion -
Islam.