Re: virus: Pot to become a womans issue - a humerous diversion - we all gotta relax after all

From: Michelle (michelle@barrymenasherealtors.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 12:40:02 MST

As far as pot goes, 1) newscientist.com has a large section devoted to marijuana study - for starters, I recall research that indicates that pot activates the same receptors that normally trigger hunger for growth, which was found when the "cannabinoid receptors" were blocked in baby mice and they did not feed at all, ultimately wasting away and dying; 2) I'm on a fast and I find that it hasn't given me the munchies at all, though I didn't smoke till day 5. Normally I get raving munchies, which is part of why I went on a fast in the first place! I have no idea how the change occurs, though.

Perhaps this could indicate that those hunger triggers are really only meant for developing babies/adolescents and the triggering of them by pot is kind of like a walk down memory lane - and can be conquered/ignored/overcome.