RE: virus: Living in America

From: Dylan Sunter (dylan.sunter@fisystem.com)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 03:56:30 MST

This made me laugh so much, I went looking for more on this crazy old
woman....and I found it.

Its not the first time Bible-Thumping God Botherer Carolyn Risher has tried
to keep Satan from misleading her town away from God. In Novemeber 2001,
she decided it would be great idea to write a proclaimation against satan,
rip it up and seal it in envelopes in different corners of the town, each
nailed to a gatepost.(1) Mad as a box of Columbian Natterjack's.

Aside from the ovbious arguments about the separation of church and state
and institutionalised racism, its bloody funny. Town Clerk Sally McCranie,
who signed the proclamation, offered another observation: Kids in town, she
said, have taken to dressing in all black and painting their faces white, a
style known as Goth.

"We are taking everything back that the devil ever stole from us," Risher
wrote. "We will never again be deceived by satanic and demonic forces."

Ha. Wanna bet? Here's her address, email address and telephone number in
case you feel like doing the devils work:

Carolyn Risher
Post Office Drawer 429
Inglis FL 34449-

Of course, in heinsight its scary really (ok, so its mainly funny) ...it is
christian fundamentalism gone completely over the top, but Im sure its rife
in certain parts of the bible belt.... Im just glad im from the UK and you
only tend to find these types of nutters in the Isle of Man.

sources: http://www.frontpagemag.com/realitybites/2001/12-03-01.htm ;
http://www.sptimes.com/2002/01/25/TampaBay/ACLU_action_lands_Sat.shtml