Re: virus: Pot to become a womans issue - a humerous diversion - we all gotta relax after all

From: Walter Watts (wlwatts@home.com)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 04:48:18 MST

Blunderov wrote:

> PS OK you got me. What is "exapt"? A former automatic programming tool?

Basically, it means assign a new and original function to a feature that arose
spontaneously, ie. mutation.

Then, if the newly functional feature can confer any competitive advantage to the
owner, then that particular germ-line will show a variable selection pressure
directly proportional to the advantage conferred.

Walter
<So, yes, in a way it IS an automatic programming tool!>

--
Walter Watts
Tulsa Network Solutions, Inc.