virus: consolidated post

From: Mermaid . (britannica@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 10:56:26 MST

This post contains messages to

Richard Ridge
Hermit
General msg to the entire list
Violet Beck
DrSebby
Blunderov
ben

1) To Richard Ridge:

Termite offered: [img=http://www.hinter.com.na/rightersveld3.jpg]Mermaid's
idea of a "Main Road"[/img].

[Richard Ridge responded] I'd always envisaged it as a drunken spider
careering wildly in each and every direction. My recollection of the debate
was that Mermaid was attempting to insist that the distinction she had drawn
up "between clinical obesity and looking fat, which is an entirely different
matter" was pertinent to the debate. It wasn't - the distinction between
obesity and clinical obesity was. However, Mermaid was quite adamant that
her definition of my posts was the correct one, and so, (as is so often the
case) the discussion promptly became a meta-discussion about the discussion.
I suspect a debate on the subject of post modernism could prove to be
somewhat bracing.

[Mermaid]Dear Dick, I cannot come out and play with you. It is especially
boring as you habitually refer to yourself in your insults and often educe
your imagination for facts.

2) To Hermit:

[Hermit offered]If you are interested, I strongly recommend
[url=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0684803860/thehermit0d]"The
daughter of Time", Josephine Tey.[/url]

[Mermaid offers]"Truth is the daughter of time"

3) To the list:

[Mermaid] How about a new title instead of Agnostic or Atheist? Ignostic?
One who considers religion to be irrelevant. Irrevelant enough to render it
meaningless to define oneself as an atheist. If you dont believe in a diety,
would you define yourself in the same terms as the entity you reject...An
ignostic, on the other hand, doesnt care or give a damn.

[Mermaid serves Trivia]:'i dont give a damn' or 'i dont care a damn' has
undisputed Indian origins. During the pre-independence time, the 'dam' was
the coin of the lowest denomination and hence the currency of least value<a
copper coin which was valued at 1/1600th of a rupee>. The Duke of
Wellington, a capable general but a snobbish English<Irish??> man, is
credited with the invention of, "I dont care a two penny dam". Upon his
return to England, he modified it to a form that will be more easily
understood by the native english populace. "I dont give a two penny damn."

4) To Violet Beck:

[Violet Beck][...]I mean, i already fear the worst for
America, but regression going so far as to have a person of power trying to
exorcize demons from her town!? This is absurd.

[Mermaid]Fear, unless it morphs to into motivation, is a useless emotion.
How are *you* motivated and towards what?

[Violet Beck]Perhaps i'm just not sympathetic, but i really can't see what
possible good this can do the people other than forcing them to believe in a
mythical creature which will undoubtably only bring them disapointment.

[Mermaid]Oh..but you are sympathetic. Look below.

[Violet Beck]if an all-powerful god existed, why didn't he stop 9/11 in the
first place? why didn't he strike down the clergy who ran the Inquisition?
If anything, this woman should at least be told that satan has too many
faces for her to fight, and she should just stay in her seat and leave her
non-religious townspeople without the headache.

[Mermaid]You sympathy reflects in your willingness to give an inch to
unreasonable folks to explain away what you see as unfair/cruel/wicked. You
stance should always be one that gives absolutely no room to speculation of
any kind of God..IF that is indeed your absolute belief. Strength of
conviction, my dear, will not permit any IFs.

[Mermaid]I am curious. Are you an atheist because your church rejects
homosexuality/bisexuality or are you an atheist because you see nothing
concrete to justify the concept called 'God'. Will you be open to any other
religion that embraces all that has been rejected by conventional religions?
Are you an atheist or anti-xianity? If you found the above questions rude,
please do not take offence. I did not mean any.

5) To DrSebby:

[DrSebby]...hmmn. if i had my cable internet up, i'd love to jump in and
take sides and then call someone names and get all upset!:) but since i
still have Mermaid scars(and now i think she's sort of sexy for all that
feistiness) from long ago, as well as missing a few feet of intestine from a
brief encounter with Kirkasaurus Rex(and fellow connisseur of kuro-hued
women)more recently, and i cant attack hermit since he's been a friend and
dependable ally for so many years.

[Mermaid]DrSebby..I am not sexy. I am just a 18y/o, hymenally challenged,
plain jane frustrated over an iffy relationship with a very busy
daddy...oh...and with the vocabulary of a truck driver. and you can call me
Bubba...:)

[Mermaid]and re 'calling names' and swearing...that is a learned
trait...swearing can be a nervous stimulant as well as a sedative..very
interesting topic..but thats another post.

6) To Blunderov:

[Blunderov quoted] [...]

[A1] So, if Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls
enter hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until
all Hell breaks loose.

[A2] Of course, if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase in
souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell
freezes over.

So which is it? If we accept the postulate given to me by Theresa Banyan
during freshman year, that "It'll be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with
you," and taking into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in
having sexual relations with her then [A2] cannot be true. Therefore, Hell
is exothermic.

The student, Tim Graham, got the only A.

[Mermaid]Ahh..but did you know that Heaven is hotter than hell..here is some
proof from someone<not ME!!> with some authority on Heaven and Hell...

<snip>

The temperature of Heaven can be rather accurately computed from available
data. Our authority is the Bible: Isaiah 30:26 reads "Moreover the light of
the Moon shall be as the light of the Sun and the light of the Sun shall be
seven-fold, as the light of seven days."

Thus Heaven receives from the Moon as much radiation as we do from the sun
and in addition seven times seven (forty-nine) times as much as the Earth
does from the Sun, or fifty times in all. The light we receive from the Moon
is a ten-thousandth of the light we receive from the Sun, so we can ignore
that. With this data we can compute the temperature of Heaven.

The radiation falling on Heaven will heat it to the point where the heat
lost by radiation is just equal to the heat received by radiation. In other
words, Heaven loses fifty times as much heat as the Earth by radiation.
Using the Stefan-Boltzmann fourth-power law for radiation:

                 (H / E)^4 = 50

where E is the absolute temperature of the Earth, 300°K. This gives H as
798°K (525°C)

The exact temperature of Hell cannot be computed but it must be less than
444.6°C ; the temperature at which brimstone or sulphur changes from a
liquid to a gas.

Revelation 21:8: "But the fearful and unbelieving... shall have their part
in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone."

A lake of molten brimstone means that the temperature must be below the
boiling point, which is 444.6°C. (Above this point it would be a vapour, not
a lake.)

We have, then, temperature of Heaven, 525°C. Temperature of Hell, less than
445°C. Therefore, Heaven is hotter than Hell.

<snip>

7) To ben:

[ben]Strangest spam of the day by far... I did not make this up...