virus: Atheism and the Church of the Virus

From: Mermaid . (britannica@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 21:43:10 MST

It was said:
<snip>
Q 5. Can there be an atheist religion?
A 5. Sure. For another atheist religion visit the
[url=http://www.esoa.org/]Ethical Society of Austin[/url]

Follow the link to News

And from:
[url=http://www.gospelcom.net/apologeticsindex/news1/an011227-08.html]Group
qualifies as a religion; comptroller vows an appeal[/url]. In particular, if
you have the bandwidth, access the Court Order, Cause No. 98-12853, "Ethical
Society of Austin f/k/a Ethical Culture Fellowship of Austin v. Carole
Keeton Rylander, in her capacity As Controller of Public Accounts And Her
Successors in office", District Court, Travis County, Texas, 353rd Judicial
District. Additional case citations are included in the judgement.)available
from that site or Lexis and evaluate the Church of Virus against the Judges
decision criteria.
<snip>

[Mermaid]Loki, do you remember a brief discussion we had on this very same
topic last May??? <Remember my comment? Remember your response?...Well...it
seems like somebody else DID put their money where the mouth is and we STILL
have our feet shoved inside our mouths and some of our heads up our most
secret and tender orifices...and Dick Ridge today expressed his desire to
rub cheeks...hmmm..I hope he meant the ones on the face...we still enjoy
preaching to the choir...glowing in the warmth of fondly crafted delusions
of grandeur and illusions of intellectual superiority...chasing away
potential members and flogging the dead donkey on which God rode on...some
things...I tell you...some things never change..>Anyways...this means that I
was right..*You* were right!! It is not constitutional. The IRS criteria
*is* leaky afterall!! The 14 point checklist is worthless!!

[Mermaid]archived reference url<the follow ups are a few posts away>in case
you dont remember:

http://forum.javien.com/XMLmessage.php?id=id::RhwoRy45-QCg7-CnAP-Hg0Y-P1R0eBcZfzF0