Re: virus: Michelle: Fasting/Cleansing

From: Michelle (michelle@barrymenasherealtors.com)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 16:45:51 MST

I appreciate your concern, Mermaid! I just wanted to put everything about
it down for the record - here in Portland, Oregon no one looks at you funny
when you say you're doing a fast (in fact, a lot of people here knew exactly
which one I was talking about by name), but I was ready for questions - I
had to prepare for my mother's reaction, and my Detroit honey looked at me
funny, too.

As far as the self-healing vs. western medicine thing, I must say I agree
with most of what you're saying, we don't listen to our bodies nearly enough
as a whole - but I was hoping to hear from a debunker, too! Just to make it
lively, you know. Much of the strange and bizarre that's out there and
being practiced as "alternative health care" is actually harmful, but people
buy into it. For example:
http://www.rickross.com/reference/breat/breat16.html "Breatharian couple
convicted of killing fasting woman". Is it just the cult mentality taking a
physical tack? Are these the same people that would decide they're from
Atlantis, or is this a different phenomenon?