The value of history - was RE: virus: How Christianity...my two cents...

From: L' Ermit (lhermit@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 17:42:53 MST

[Hermit 2] The only things that we learn from history are that America is no
exception to the general rule that we don't,

[Blunderov] Like the "Treaty of Versailles" and what that brought? Isn't it
even an idiom now?

[Hermit 3] /me nods. Exactly. I would feel much better if it were clichéd,
as opposed to proverbial, as that might suggest that people were beginning
to take the message to heart. It is a message that bears repeating, as it
explains in large part why a study of history is not just invaluable, but
even a necessary prerequisite to forming effective opinions about the
present.

Regards

Hermit