Re: virus: How Christian Is Joedees??? my two cents...

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 19:35:46 MST

On 7 Feb 2002 at 14:51, athe nonrex wrote:

> [joedees]
> Many Central African and Central American are both poorer and ruled by despots, but you don't see THEM fomenting jihad against the 'great satan.' It is difficult to think of a poor and despot-ruled islamic nation that is NOT doing this.
>
> [athenonrex]
> but the fact is that central african contries ARE going through this... haven't you been listening to l'ermit at all, or do you not read the links that he includes with his posts and blindly reply??

Not pan-africally; mostly central african conflict is restricted to two tribes warring;
Where african tribes are cooperating with each other to attack still others, such as in
Nigeria, Islam is indeed in the mix, and on the attacking side.

> [athenonrex]
> to hide the truth with polysylabic words that are esoteric in nature, when a monosylabic word will suffice. in other words, to use long, decietful words, when short, truthful ones will work just as well.
>
> [joedees]
> Anti-intellectualism would indeed seem to suit your limitations. I use the words I use because they best fit the double exigency I demand of my posts; precision and concision.
>
> [athenonrex]
> that is not anti-intellectualism, it is pointing out that you are superfulus. you are using "big" words when a simple word would be not only as accurate, but would also allow the members of CoV with a more limited vocabulary to join in with the discussion. have you even read any of my previous
posts? the ones not related to this thread anyway? if not, read them. you will find that i am far from "anti intellectual" but rather aware of my surroundings and others in my surrounding, be they electronic or real life.what i was trying to point out as a side note was that the manner in which
you write is akin to the speech writers of corrupt politicians.

I'll let kalkor's reply stand for me here.

> [joedees]
> Why don't you do everyone a favor and wrap your text? failing to do so makes it tedious to read, and even more tedious to answer.
>
> [athenonrex]
> what about putting your post in html? doesn't THAT make it a bit hard to reply???or are you just better that the rest of us??

That to quoque response indicates that you are either unable or unwilling to wrap your
text, like everyone else here does, so it is you who (erroneously) think that you are
better than the rest of us.