virus: Just arrived to the list

From: Naddia@ono.com
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 09:12:37 MST

Hi...

I was having a look at the website the other day and decided to join
the list, just to have a look at what there is. Sorry about my english,
I know it's pathetic, but still, I try.

Just wanted to comment that last night, here in Madrid, we ended up in
some house -trance -disco -something or other place, basically because
they opened until 6 a.m. Up to there, OK, no problem, it's not my
favourite music, but I can live with it.

The strange thing was when, at about 5 o'clockish, when you're already
to tired to dance, you begin to actually listen to the music intead of
jumping to it.

I guess you have, at some stage of your life, either been in a radio
studio or used some audio editing program and had a laugh at the audio
filters that either turn you voice into bells, darth vader or anything
of the sort. In this case, when we began to listen, we could hear in a
very sintezysed (or however you write it) voice "estáis todos
infectados" or "you are all infected".

I had been talking to some friends about memes, so they knew what I was
on about. The rythm changes, and the voice says "saltando como
zumbados"/ "jumping like mad". That was enough for me. At half past
five, it changed again into "es hora de cerrar"/"time to close". That
was it, let's go. And, strange enough, after we went, about another 50
people left the place.

Too odd, too disturbing and I doubt it was pure suggestion. I would
have killed de D.J.

And... so... hi :)
Nadia