Re: virus: pseudoscientific infotainment

From: Walter Watts (wlwatts@cox.net)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 14:28:47 MST

I agree, doc, that pseudoscience can be useful when time is short. Just
remember, though, if something important hinges on the facts, be wary of that
low-calorie, empty/lite pseudoscientific snack that comes at us so hard and fast
in these "media-enriched" days. Be ever mindful of that "man behind the
curtain", controlling that "content-rich" multimedia stream. Pertinent facts are
easily obfuscated by these wizards.

I just get the "feeling" that, upon deeper inspection, one would not find such
strong correlative relationships between the length of companies annual reports
and their stock performance.

For bootay assay, however, pseudoscience is a jim dandy tool. Tea leaves and
ouija boards can also help, especially when drunk, in evaluating two, equally
and eminently fuckable choices.

To choices,

Walter