Re: virus: Not even the Kurds want a "homeland" - or Saddam Hussein ejected!

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 00:18:59 MST

On 9 Feb 2002 at 0:46, L' Ermit wrote:

Well, clearly, we engaged in the inter-faction negotiating I suggested, but we did it after
we pulled out the military assistance rug, rather than while maintaining it. OTOH, the
assistance we DO continue to provide them (the northern no-fly zone) and the de facto
autonomy that this has afforded them, seems to have reduced their desire to rebel for
full autonomy. To their assertion that they'd wanna know who was to follow Saddam, for
the successor could be worse, the obvious answer is that, were we to withdraw the
northern no-fly zone, they would quickly remember that NO ONE could be much worse.
But I don't think we'll do that any time soon.