RE: virus: Response to Joe Dees. "Is the US a Rogue Nation?"

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 04:38:26 MST

L'Ermit wrote:
>In any case, every Israeli, man and woman, from 18 to 55, is a soldier.
Does a soldier

Joe Dees wrote:
>Oh, exCUUUUUSE me; I was under the impression that those suicide bombings
and
>machine-gunnings of Israelis that happens almost daily was perpetrated by
ARMED
>Palestinians! Obviously, the li'l Palestinian david's must be tossing
bullets at the big,
>bad Israeli goliaths with slingshots!

[Blunderov]

I would be prepared to bet a reasonable amount of (admittedly flimsy
compared to the mighty dollar) South African Rands that exactly the same
situation pertains in Israel with regard to military reservists and their
official weapons as did in South Africa during the struggle against
apartheid viz.; reservists were also members of commandos that retained
possession of their (basic) arms at all times and were expected to be ready
to muster at a moments notice.

I would be interested to know what provisions Israeli law makes on the
private ownership of firearms. Once again a modest number of SA Rands says
that private ownership of firearms is freely encouraged and practised.

Of course, I stand to be corrected here.

Yours in trepidation.

Blunderov