virus: Walter Watts: A Beautiful Mind

From: Mermaid . (britannica@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 22:32:51 MST

WW: I am not completely sure if it was you who bought up the movie, "A
Beautiful Mind" in some other thread that I cant exactly recall right now.
Well...I saw the movie today. It only got unpleasant towards the end when
some of the other viewers decided to burst out into loud sobs. It was
positively depressing to be surrounded by grown men and women crying into
their handkerchiefs. It was a moderately well made movie and interesting
enough to pique my interest. After the movie, I HAD to go to the book store
and ask for the book by the same title by Sylvia Nasar because it was a
movie based on a "true events".

I am half way through the book. As usual, the book is far more interesting
and informative than the movie.<Damn Hollywood. I also saw a trailer for the
upcoming movie, TimeMachine...which looked like a experimental fertilisation
process gone wrong between the book, Time Machine and the movie, Planet of
the Apes. H.G.Wells would have cried tears of blood if he had only had a
glimpse of this one...> Probably leaning more degrees to the truth too...if
what is unsaid resembles a lie by its nature. An interesting perspective of
the scientific community/acedemics during the times just preceding, during
and after the WW2. Thank you for mentioning the movie and I think you might
enjoy the book too. Just wanted to mention that..:)

Mermaid.

P.S. It's V.D time again, folks. Love yourself. Get yourself a gift. You
know you wannaaaaaaaaaa...;-)