RE: virus: The world keeps on spinning...

From: Richard Ridge (richard_ridge@tao-group.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 09:52:57 MST

> I recommend he spend some time reading the previously referenced
>[url=http://www.imagination-engines.com/gunn.htm]"Gunn Control: The
Emerging
>Intelligence and Its Critical Look at Us", Stephen Thaler, Imagination
>Engines, Inc.[/url]

I'll have a more detailed look when I don't have a headache, but I have
skimmed and see what you mean.

The mention of face recognition does obviously lead to biometric security
applications - instead of a key, your house won't let you in unless it
recognises your face and/or fingerprint/retinal scan. Another thing would be
voice recognition - switching the TV on without getting off the sofa, for
example. The TV could differentiate between different voice patterns and
lock children out of any films rated unsuitable for their age. I can
certainly see Connie enjoying that one :-)