virus: Rich's Vegan Ethics? McAmerika Rex or You can have my steak when you pry it from my cold dead fingers.

From: Steele, Kirk A (SteeleKA@nafm.misawa.af.mil)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 21:27:44 MST

My species evolved as an omnivore. I live as an omnivore. I'll die an
omnivore.

Carnivorous behavior is aggressive by definition. Carnivourous behaviour as
a projection of aggresive tendancies is inapropriate. Canivourous behavior
as an expression of adaptation to environmental stressors is not. So why
does amerika lead the world in conspicuoius meat consuption? Because
amerikanners lead the world in conspicuous codependant behavior. We have a
cultural predicate of manifest destiny as license to consume whatever we
want without regard for consequence.

"Toallbeefpatiesspecialsaucelettucecheesepicklesoniononasesameseedbun."

the 70's tagline of the penultimate amerikan paradigm as voiced by Burger
Rex.
Say's it all.
And as if they hadn't made the point of consequence free consumerism strong
enough:
"You're way, have it you way," etc

I had a burger yesterday. first one in two months. Today, sunday, for brunch
I conspicuously consumed half a dozen chicken seeds and a quarter pound o'
pecus. Do I feel toxic three hours later? Slightly. Did I enjoy the hell out
of being an omnivore? DAMN FREAKIN SKIPPY! What's for dinner? Small salad.
What's for breakfast? Oatmeal, juice. What's for lunch tomorrow? Vegatable
bento. Every wonder why meat tastes so danged great? Cuz that's how we
evolved. It is a natural part of who we are. But most people are unable to
recognize the intrinsic necessity of understanding that to project our
natural instincts upon our CURRENT environment is deleterious in the
extreme. We needs must be careful with our wants and desires.

Anyone ever been to/through Norco, California? West of L.A. North of SanD.
Smells like a million dead asses. Cuz they slaughter about that many a week
there. I am not sure, but having been through the stockyards in ChiTown,
Austin and Boise I have never seen anything as large as Norco. It's like the
Federation Death Star of stock yards. Runs for about 15 miles on, I believe,
I-15.

I am proud of the fact that I can tell you to date, in 2002 I have eaten
under four pounds of beef. That will put me at around 50lb for the year.
Well under the national average. But come my birthday.......(to hell with
grilling on the 4th de Juli) I will be chowing down on about a pound and a
half of fillet mignon, a pound or two of prawn, some rack of lamb, and who
know what the hell all else. Cuz I oulived the rest of the food chain for
one more year.
Hail Me! Pass the meat!!!

Celebrate Selection! Eat Meat!

Kirkafreakingawddamnsaurus Rex