virus: Seb, it's like this....intensity of cognitions with regard to the consequence of pain and it's antecedents in animals...

From: Steele, Kirk A (SteeleKA@nafm.misawa.af.mil)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 06:51:48 MST

Ok folks what's at issue here?

Well, what is not at issue is the anthropomophication of animals sensations
and perceptions as projections of our own insecurities and personal issues.

Do animals have tactile sensory perception that has come to represent
physical injury? Do animals have the cognitive ability to discriminate
temporally with regard to their current tactile sensations of pain and the
significantly previous temporal aspect of the physical act that caused their
injury? Do animals become behaviourally opperantly conditioned to conjoined
sensory stimuli, one of which merely represents the tactation of pain?

Now for some really sticky questions.

Do people project their insecurities onto the most salient examples of the
act of predation?
Do people regard carnivorous behavior as an ulmimate expression of
aggression? And if so, do they have a coloured behavioural conditioning
schema in their life which perforce causes them to react negatively to this
"act of aggression"?

Many issues are in the pot of a bunch of people who would prefer to
oversimplify so as to reduce their anxieties to a simple black or white
polaroid picture, so that they can go out and ask their McDoc to prescribe a
McRemedy.

AmeriKaners are killing themselves and the environment with their egoistic
projections of instant gratification onto their surrounding environment.
They want all the gluttony their farms, ranches, and car manufacturers can
provide. Let someone else do the work (mexico & asia) let some one else
supply the raw energy (middle east) and let some one else deal with our
waste products (our grand children). Gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme.

Let's all learn to think diacritically about the issues we bring in here.

First, we needs must, in the fashion of Cartesian Reductionism, quantify and
normalise the degree to which the different species of commodity animals
exhibit the following traits: cognition, emotion, perception, and sensation.
Then let's consider quantifying need, our need of these commodity animals to
sustain our society.

Now we must think a little abstractly. How do we pit need against those
intrinsic qualities of our commodity animals?

Quantify those intrinsics. Quantify needs versus wants. Quietly amongst
yourselves. And then lets get to the meat of the matter. :)

Kirk

p.s. Sebastian, what's with the run on construction? Looks like you had one
long vowel movement.