virus: third round goes to hermit too: A TKO? was Lets not beat around the meat.

From: L' Ermit (lhermit@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 00:45:49 MST

[Mermaid 3*]

[Hermit 3] Mermaid, after gently sniping the points where she made an
absolute ass of herself tried to improve her responses - and missed the boat
due to the fact that she is still focused on desperately trying to prove
herself correct...

[Hermit 3] After showing that chickens are "vicious killers and cannibals"
Mermaid responded with a link from a popular site about chicken breeding
claiming that:

[Mermaid 3] Grain<chicken scratch>, green stuff and proteins<worms!>. Of
course, water. See more: http://www.lionsgrip.com/intro.html
[list]
1.What do chicken eat? Grain<chicken scratch>, green stuff and
proteins<worms!>. Of course, water. See more:
[url]http://www.lionsgrip.com/intro.html[/url]
2.What do some very successful chicken farmers feed their chickens?
Hormones, antibiotics, meat scraps, fish meal. They are de-beaked so they
cannot eat what is their natural diet...peckable grains. They are force fed
with some sort of medicated-hormoneladen-meat-grain mush.
[/list]

[Mermaid 3] If you ponder on both the points above..I mean..*really* think
before you start hitting the keys, you'd realise how trivial and unrelated
your issue on adult animals attacking their own species or younglings is...

[Hermit 3] Chickens establish a "pecking order" or status hierarchy by
aggressively pecking at each other. When a chicken is killed, the others eat
it. To minimize this harm battery chickens are debeaked. Even with
debeaking, mortality due to pecking averages 10 percent of farm flocks.
Deliberate cannibalism may be triggered by too much heat and light, too many
birds in too small a building or too long without feed and water. Once it
occurs, it rapidly spreads through a flock and becomes endemic. Debeaking of
all chickens - including free range chickens - is the USDA recommended way
to prevent cannibalism. In debeaking 1/3 of the upper beak is trimmed off.
The animals most certainly can still peck - the USDA provides various feed
mixture recommendations for various purposes including free ranging - all
contain grains. Source: Our local USDA agent 2002-02-26

[Hermit 3] As I asked before:

[Hermit 2] Feeling skewered by your stupidity yet?
[hr]
[Mermaid 3]Yes, Pigs will eat anything. But that has nothing to do with what
I had to say. I was specifically speaking about chickens and chicken
feed..i.e. meat based chicken scraps instead of chicken scratch.
There is a difference between how animals interact amongst each other and
how meat farmers force feed animals so that they look good in the freezer.
Get a clue.

[Hermit 3] Yea right. Having snipped:

[Mermaid 1] ...Thats like chicken cannibalism. No species of animals eat
their own. Its obscene...

[Hermit 3] Notice, "No species of animals" since then you have been visibly
snipping, slipping and flat out lying in an attempt to distance yourself
from your statements. Nobody is fooled but yourself.
[hr]
[Hermit 2] Mermaid observed that cannibal species would not thrive, and
Hermit responded "The way that humans did..."

[Mermaid 3]Yes, I do find it completely and utterly obscene when the rump
roast for dinner used to belong to my ex-neighbour. Where are these
archeological digs and how much did our anscestors like human meat. A
timeline if you dont mind...

[Hermit 3] Refer to my post
[url=http://forum.javien.com/XMLmessage.php?id=id::J8Vvn3KJ-VgJ_-XyNu-8rkk-tySnTVt6kyVq]"We
the cannibals...", Hermit, Tue 2002-02-26 23:16[/url]

[Hermit 3] Indeed, another Mermaid assertion bites the dust.
[hr]
[Mermaid 3]I am really going to ignore the previous thread. Obviously, you
are so into playing to the crowd that you have convinced yourself that I am
advocating to this list that they should give up meat.

[Hermit 3] I, and probably most everyone else has noticed that you prefer to
snip and ignore when your gabbling is demonstrated for what it is. On this
occasion, my argument is not what you were or were not saying about meat, it
about your highly misleading assertions about "organic farming" and
cannibalism.
[hr]
[Mermaid 3]How many meat eaters purchase 'a decent steak'. Are you a
epicurean elitist as well? Been to the local supermarket lately?

[Hermit 3] Most. Yes. Yes. Why?

[Hermit 2]Yet people still like steaks, because we are at the top of the
food chain - and other animals are [our] historical protein source.

[Mermaid 3]That has to be THE most absurd statement I have heard in this
whole exchange.

[Hermit 3] Justify your assertion. You have made some pretty absurd
statements doll. Hard to beat your swinging a bloody tampon in our faces for
pure absurdity.
[hr]
[Hermit 2]The argument you claim to have missed above is that the mentally
deficient “organic” enthusiasts, paying higher prices for meat
products raised under poor conditions, are (as is often the case when people
make a noise about areas where their knowledge is limited) causing much more
harm than good. This time the harm is to the animals, which so many of them
claim to care about.

[Mermaid 3]Hmm..Mentally deficient organic enthusiasts?? Right...moving on..

[Hermit 3] Deficiencies quantitively and qualitively proven. Missing
[i]essential[/i] acids... there are reasons why they are essential.
[hr]
[Hermit 3] After being shown that the cost of milk would rise to

[Mermaid]So what? I dont drink milk by the gallons and I *know* that I am
not drinking white milk-pus that has been bled out of cows stuffed into
spaces not bigger than wooden crates. Like I said, you should taste it
before you diss it. There is a definite difference in taste.

[Hermit 3] If the cost of milk should rise from the current price of about
$1 per gallon to $7.38 per gallon (which is what Mermaid asserts she is
paying) school feeding systems would be thrown into bankruptcy throughout
the US. And the incidence of malnutrition would almost certainly quadruple
or more. As demonstrated by the delightful Mermaid, she doesn't give a shit
- if you didn't know it before, her concerns are reserved for the cows. How
very traditional.
[hr]
[Hermit 3] Mermaid first asserted that she grew up on milk "straight from
the udder", then when I observed that humans cannot handle the levels of fat
in cows milk "straight from the udder" asserted that she thrived on it. Then
claimed that this was not what she was advocating... and wandered off onto
her current obsession - that Americans are excessive. Yet another topic
where she is long on emotive opinion and short on facts, followed by a
diatribe against orange juice and an assortment of opinions on flavors.

[Mermaid 3] So really...you had no context and *gasp*...distorted what I
said.... What? whole milk isnt sold? Hmm..what is it, Hermit? Old age? Yeast
infection? A fungus attack, maybe? Obviously something is hindering thy
thought processes.

[Hermit 3] Right PsychoBitch. You make it so clear...
[hr]
[Hermit 3] Mermaid issued a challenge:

[Mermaid 2] <India has fridges too..duh..when do you think GE came out with
an ice box in the US? lets see if you can come up with the year, Chuckles
and I will tell you when India sold its first fridge.>

[Hermit 3] To which I responded fully and completely. After admitting that
what she wrote wasn't what she meant, and attempting a political(?) diatribe
to what end nobody bar the Mermaid could possibly guess she demonstrated
again why she is so well loved and known as the PsychoBitch:

[Mermaid 3] I am not even going to read what you spewed.

[Hermit 3] Smile doll. You are on "Candid Camera."
[hr]
[Mermaid]I'd trust my grandmother's words more than your 'experiments'
because your proclamations hold so little value for me and you have proven
to be too besotted to your image that you like to project in this forum.
That compromises the integrity of your statements. I am with Grandma. Ghee
is not a recent invention, so she stays on solid ground. btw..I checked with
my mother. Ghee will last for at least 2 weeks without going rancid in
India. No pots in a stream even!

[Hermit 3] Let's see (note my emphasis):
[url]http://:www.deccanherald.com/deccanherald/july15/at10.htm+ghee+rancid&hl=enl]
[url]
Says CERS ‘’If you want a ghee that makes you want to smell it long and
deep, then you would be happy with Farm Fresh. Considering flavour, colour,
texture and presence of impurities, it scored the highest at 93 and was
followed by EveryDay and Verka with a score of 91.
Gayatri, RKG and Verka did not conform to the standards of Agmark for
sediment. Goa Dairy, Anik and Devi did not have the Agmark label but they
too had sediment. Though all the brands conformed to the PFA copper limit of
not more than 30 parts per million, the international standard Codex only
allows 0.05 ppm. Only EveryDay, Goa Dairy, Milkman and Sagar and the two
loose samples showed no copper.
Both BIS and Agmark have no standards for DDT while the PFA Act has set a
maximum limit of 1.25 mm. This is odd since DDT is banned from use in
agriculture! DDT was found in all the samples. Significantly, Devi showed
Heptachlor, while Amul, Farm Fresh, Gayatri, Gits, Goa Dairy, Sagar,Nandini
and Nova showed Lindane.
[b][i]Old or improperly stored ghee becomes rancid since the peroxide value
rises[/i][b]. This gives an off-flavour. So CERS advises that you should
check the condition of the pack before buying your ghee. The loose samples
showed the highest peroxide levels while Anik, Milkman, Goa Dairy and
EveryDay met the BIS standard for peroxide value.
[/quote]

[Hermit 3] Poor granny. Note that this refers to ghee sold by stores - which
keep it under refrigerated conditions. Perhaps she is getting too little
meat... or perhaps it is the high levels of healthy copper and DDT. Perhaps
you were affected the same way...
[hr]
[Hermit 2] Of course, if little “is consumed” and “little is wasted” we
should wonder what the rest is used for? Ayur Vedic milk enemas? This was
one of those things which helped to convince me that the authors of the
Vedas didn’t know their mouths from their asses.

[Mermaid 3]Ayurvedic milk enemas...LOL...thats a good one. Poor Hermit. How
much did you have to spray for your Maharishi? Surely, the throbbing must
have felt good? Fortunately, most Indians dont suffer from the trauma that
is inflicted upon the 'enlightment-seeking' westerners. Hmm..on second
thoughts..you probably deserve an Ayurvedic milk enema...:)

[Hermit 3] I didn't try it thanks, but I listened to the graphic
descriptions of my friends who underwent this - and later confirmed it with
an Ayur Vedic technician...

[Mermaid 3]BTW...the above is another example of how you choose to exhibit
your pseudo occidental-elitist-Maharishi-fixated views whenever you have
writing space irrespective of whether its relevant or not to the existing
thread.

[Hermit 3] Alright doll. Suppose you explain the contradiction in your
previous ass-ertions - little “is consumed” and “little is wasted”...
[hr]
[Hermit 3] Notes that Mermaid is quite incapable of addressing situations
where she is caught trying to weasel out of trouble - but always comes back
with a stream of irrelevancies... watch carefully.

[Hermit 2] If you will parade your preferences ("Well..I'd suggest that meat
should be given up completely") all mixed up with a used sanitary towel on
top of it (shades of Mr. Creosote), is it a wonder we were confused?

[Mermaid 3]Again...you speak for 'we'...LOL..you are so needy and
transparent...this is actually fun for me. What..now one cannot express
one's preferences in COV anymore? You are the official evilguard of CoV
protecting the gates? Even then, it was still a preference in a paragraph
which was adequately punctuated with assurances that there is no hidden
agenda to convert meat eaters to vegetarianism.
[hr]
[Mermaid 2]It seems that they [Hermit: Americans] are not good at handling a
lot of things.

[Hermit 2] Actuarial evidence is that they live longer than Indians, while
genetic engineering tells us that no matter how poor their genes are at
disposing them to deal with cholesterol, they are in a better condition than
most Brahmins, not having lumbered themselves with a selective breeding
program practically guaranteed to cause inbreeding and associated genetic
defects.

[Mermaid]No? Non-Brahmins do not have genetic defects?? You have me in
stitches here. Good one!

[Hermit 3] Wonders where Mermaid found her counter assertion in what was
said?
[hr]
[Mermaid 2]I dont recall saying, 'drink more milk'. I said that if you are
going to drink milk...drink less, but drink the best tasting, wholesome milk
available even if its a tad more expensive. Maybe I was hoping that cost
will be deterring factor when people choose to fill their stomachs with
hormone laden blood stained milk. In fact, I was very clear about that.

[Hermit 2] Difficult to figure out what you meant to say from what you
didn’t say... so if you still assert that you said the above, kindly quote
yourself, so that we too can appreciate your wit and wisdom as much as you
yourself so evidently do.

[Mermaid 3]LOL. You didnt have to sound so pathetic if you had only curbed
your knee jerk instinct to lash out at my post the moment you saw it and
dreamed that I was seeking to collect converts to vegetarianism.

[Hermit 3] She cited a sequence of posts, all of which I had previously
read, yet nowhere did I see anything supporting her claim to have been
suggesting "I said that if you are going to drink milk...drink less, but
drink the best tasting, wholesome milk available even if its a tad more
expensive. Maybe I was hoping that cost will be deterring factor when people
choose to fill their stomachs with hormone laden blood stained milk. In
fact, I was very clear about that." Let's see if she can do better next
time...
[hr]
[Mermaid]My stance is still the same. I am lactose tolerant and it is, in
all probability, a genetic factor by design. I am able to break down the
constituents of the dairy products that I ingest. Whats this got to do about
the first thing I dont know? It does make my genetic make up different from
those who are so very lactose intolerant. I might be wrong, but you got to
prove it. In all probability, I am right. So....please drive through...

[Hermit 3] Whose design the Mermaid no doubt cannot tell us. But is she
telling the truth here? Not likely. From the above reference article [Ibid]:
>From the same article, another trashing of your bigoted assertions:
[quote]
death due to coronary heart disease was higher in people of South Asian
origin than in whites or blacks according to a survey done by the City
Hospital, Birmingham, England. The reasons were that Asians bought foods
with the highest fat content and fried their food more often. They also ate
more butter, eggs and milk. However, don’t cut ghee out entirely but use it
judiciously and burn it off with exercise says the Society in its consumer
magazine Insight (Vol. 21. No. 4 July-August 2001. ) E-mail address:
cerc@wilnetonline.net, phone: 7489945/46, 7450528.
[/quote]
[hr]
If you desire it, I will address the balance, but I don't consider it
necessary. You do such a wonderful job discrediting yourself that commenting
on it would be to gild the lilly.