RE: virus: Coping and self-reliance (was RE: faith not moribund)

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 23:29:12 MST

<snip>
>/[Kalkor 1]I claim that the statement [quote](1) is a belief that could
quite
>possibly be overturned with the advent of time-travel, and so therefore is
>not acceptable to a person with the virtue of "vision".[/quote] suggests a
>postulate which is not currently falsifiable,

[Blunderov nods and naively wonders]

How could time-travel ever be possible? Assuming that "time-travel" would
include being able to visually perceive a past event (that occurred more or
less in one's own location) then:

Photons reflecting off an event would recede from that event at the speed of
light, necessitating faster-than light-speed travel to be able to reach a
point where at least some of these photons could be re-perceived, or
reflected back to the observer. Some means of distinguishing between
relevant and irrelevant photons would be necessary.

Time is a function of events. In order to "go back in time" all events after
that particular time would have to be cancelled and then recreated exactly.
But this would be impossible because the act of "going back in time" would
have made a difference to the sequence of events that follows.

It seems to me that "time-travel" is both physically and logically
impossible.

Surely?

Regards

Blunderov