Re: virus: Atheist Muezzins - a delightful story

From: Mermaid . (britannica@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 09:35:14 MST

[Violet Beck]can you imagine the looks on people's faces as they sat
in their respective offices, listening to the words "god does not exist"
waft through the windows.

[Mermaid]It seems it is, "God is dead, hell is extinguished" and at 60 dc, I
doubt if it will waft around.

[Violet Beck] I'd laugh me arse off, but i have a funny feeling a lot of
folk shan't be too pleased with that. We should keep our eyes out for a
follow-up story.

[Mermaid]That article is aged two years. Note the date. March 30, 2000.

However: May 26, 2000

http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/d142471.htm

Christians join "call to prayer" craze

Evangelist Ludvig Karlsen will call Christian worshipers to prayer over the
rooftops of Oslo.

PHOTO: ARASH A. NEJAD
For the first time ever in the city's history, a Christian call to prayer
will ring out over Oslo's rooftops. Permission for a "Hallelujah" cry was
granted to Christians following successful requests by Muslims and Atheists.

Ludvig Karlsen will proclaim "Jesus lives! Hallelujah!" from the rooftop of
the Evangelist Centre in Oslo's bohemian Grünerløkka. His cry will be made
once a week and the first one is scheduled for noon on Monday.

The World Islamic Mission was granted permission in March to call the
faithful to prayer from the mosque in Åkergergveien. The Atheist Society was
given the go-ahead to shout "God is dead, hell is extinguished" shortly
afterwards, but abandoned the practice after one attempt.

Ludvig Karlsen will be able to proclaim his message for a full three minutes
every Monday at a noise level not exceeding 60 decibels.