Re: virus: Announcing the Virus BBS

From: Walter Watts (wlwatts@cox.net)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 11:17:29 MST

David McFadzean wrote:

> [...]

You got me there, David. You're right, regular plain text email does just fine
on the handheld. I'm just not certain I want to start piling up listserv email
on it (although I added a 256meg CF card to it and quadrupled its memory for
just $129).

The alternative to this text email is worse, as browsing regular sites, such as
virus, virus bbs or Javien virus on a PDA screen
(240 x 320;16 bit color) requires heavy scrolling. On the plus side, there are
lots and lots of websites formatted for this type of duty, with many more
appearing almost daily.

The "handiness" of these types of devices in a wireless, hi-speed internet
environment, coupled with the possibility of a near-future, "seamless" 801.11a
or b network that literally covers most medium to large U.S. cities (see my

Walter

--
Walter Watts
Tulsa Network Solutions, Inc.