virus: Media censorship

From: Casey (cmanisca@deas.harvard.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 15:00:53 MST

This comes from our friends to the north, the Canadian Broadcasting Co.

http://www.cbc.ca/clips/ram-lo/macdonald_censored020318.ram

(Aside to Hermit - I think you'd find this clip interesting, despite it
being a Real player video clip.)

Interestingly enough it was never broadcast on any of the US television
networks, despite the fact that it seems newsworthy enough considering
the current state of affairs in the Middle East.

Oh well...I suppose I'll be quiet and let our leaders do what they
believe is right. Oh, wait a second...that sounds like apathy.

On second thought, I think I might write a letter to my elected
representatives and give them my opinion regarding our Middle East
policy decisions.

But, will I be placed on on a "list" for my opposing views regarding the
Middle East? Probably not since I'm a 31 year old, white, middle-class
American, born in the heartland, without having any felony, nor
misdemeanor convictions.

Casey

ps. I'm curious...did anyone hear the radio news clip where some
representative (I can't remember who) called for the draft to be
reinstated? I can't remember where it was from---most likely
a news report on NPR. Anyone else hear this, or was I hallucinating
again?

pps.Something else to think about--the Director of the INS thinks that
we should limit a foreign traveller's stay in the US to 30 days, from
the 6 month limit it is currently set at. Any comments?