Re: virus: Eugene Leitl disses Hermitish markup

From: kharin (hidden@extropy.org)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 02:58:47 MDT

Seems the same is true of "love crime" perhaps? Wish I could remember where
it was that I read the remark "There's a fine line between 'romance'
and'stalking'.

Here perhaps? I sent a copy to the list a while back.

http://www.spiked-online.com/Articles/00000002D2C4.htm

Let me briefly address sexual harassment for a moment. Of course I am
opposed to it, but let's be frank. Say I am passionately attached, in love,
or whatever, to another human being and I declare my love, my passion for
him or her. There is always something shocking, violent in it. This may
sound like a joke, but it isn't - you cannot do the game of erotic seduction
in politically correct terms. There is a moment of violence, when you say:
'I love you, I want you.' In no way can you bypass this violent aspect. So I
even think that the fear of sexual harassment in a way includes this aspect,
a fear of a too violent, too open encounter with another human being.

----
This message was posted by kharin to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus
BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=51;action=display;threadid=253
92>