Re:virus: Neodeism

From: Hermit (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Sat May 04 2002 - 15:18:46 MDT

Unfortunately, it makes the assumption that the mythical "Jesus Christ" is somehow worthy of emulation. I'd suggest that anyone subscribing to the Virian principles is vastly prefereable to "Jesus" as described in the Christian or gnostic works any day of the week. By all accounts, the "Jesus" of the Bible is a nasty, rude, ignorant, uneducated and intemperate person. Any other interpretation requires massive degrees of spin. While one might be tempted to forgive such spin on the part of a believer attempting to maintain their delusions, there is no reason to tolerate it from somebody who is not a believer but merely swallowing a cultural stereotype. And this, it seems to me, is where the entire pack of cards proposed by "neodeism" falls down.

Kind Regards

Hermit

Luke 19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. [Attrib to "Jesus" KJV]

----
This message was posted by Hermit to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=51;action=display;threadid=25454>