virus: Re:History has not yet begun

From: kharin (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 06:02:18 MDT

Rhinoceros intoned:

I don't like it at all.

I don't recall anyone asking you to. Like or dislike don't come into it.

I think this article is almost as bad as Fukuyama's views.

Which would be bad for what reason? Other than because you assert them to be so?

The author keeps gazing at his navel, pretending that historical thinking is a product of the "intellectual imagination of humanity".

Whereas it is in fact a product of what exactly?

The author makes a point of distinguishing between history and historical thinking, so that he can ignore the true forces that produce history and cause historical thinking as well as the motives and intentional actions of the people or institutions that impersonate these forces.

And these true forces are what exactly? And on what grounds exactly do you reduce people to the status of a cipher whose sole capacity is to 'impersonate' these mysterious forces?

>From that point of view, it is natural that the marginal role of rationality in society seems puzzling.

As opposed to what point of view?

----
This message was posted by kharin to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=51;action=display;threadid=25497>