RE: virus: hello

From: John Jurgens (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 02:22:59 MDT

James Thompson [veridicus@outgun.com] Thu 2002/05/23 01:01 AM virus:
hello
[Blunderov]
Hello JT - glad you delurked - welcome into the light!

You wrote
<snip> Shouldn't all the knowledge we have discovered through scientific
inquiry serve to show us how truly ignorant we as a species are;
<snap>

[Blunderov] I agree. Quantum physics has shown very clearly that there
is a limit to what we can perceive, and that there is much that is,
quite literally, beyond our ken.

You also wrote
<snip> Especially, seeing that it surely has not improved our quality
of spiritual existence which is really the most important aspect of
life. As Henry David Thoreau once related "With all your science, can
you tell me how it is that light comes to inhabit the soul?"
<snap>

[Blunderov] I disagree. What is a spirit? What is a soul? I think the
rather pleasant metaphor you used, the "light that inhabits the soul",
would be more usefully understood to mean the light of "self" awareness.
(The very fact of self-awareness would bring with it a sort of
"doppelganger" - you are observing yourself - that's two people! I think
it is this oddity of conscious existence that has helped to produce the
idea that there exists a sort of "essence of self" that has an
independent existence -soul?

You also wrote
<snip>
Would ! you not see and feel and know with every part of your being the
undeniable face of God?
<snap>

[Blunderov] I demur. What do you mean by "God" precisely? And how do you
know that what you think is "God", is in fact "God" - how can you be
sure?
Also, where did it come from?

Warm regards

Blunderov.