Re:virus:hello

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 06:20:43 MDT

[Blunderov]
The very fact of self-awareness would bring with it a sort of "doppelganger" - you are observing yourself - that's two people! I think it is this oddity of conscious existence that has helped to produce the idea that there exists a sort of "essence of self" that has an independent existence -soul?

[rhinoceros]
I really like such concise arguments. The only thing that still puzzles me is this asymmetry: Against all odds, the self-aware person which I experience is no one else but I, and this could just be not so.

Anyway, thanks for taking out of James' all-in-one-breath post some parts which can be handled.

----
This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=51;action=display;threadid=24837>