Re:virus: The Final Proof Of Hermit's Megalomania

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 11:11:39 MDT

On 22 Sep 2002 at 10:43, rhinoceros wrote:

> [DrSebby]
> > ...Joe, you act as if you have had no part in these recent
> > developments...hermits aggression is only equalled by your
> > insistance on this whole 'pre-emptive strike' issue and declarations
> > of 'anti-americanism' and so forth. if you could just pepper your
> > certainty with a dash of healthy self doubt here and there, it would
> > count for soooo much.
> >
> > drsebby.
> >

> [Joe Dees]
> O do not recall any uncertainty on Hermit's part (even when proved
> wrong by subsequent events, as in Afghanistan); do you? >
>

> [rhinoceros]
> Does any of that make your behavior acceptable?
>
> Have you noticed a lot of encouraging responses lately?
>
> Have you been keeping a photo of Hermit beside your monitor?

        Hermit's insulting behavior vis-a-vis my mother and his
discriminatory BBS and IRC abuse are what I find unacceptable; my
else that possesses the self-respect to not passively acquiesce in the
slander and/or abuse of themselves or their family.
        In the interests of equity, I should not be demanded to indulge
in an admission of uncertainty when Hermit was himself not subjected
to such demands, nor would he himself ever admit either any
uncertainty or any mistake he made. Of course, the future is always
uncertain; that fact is reflected in the very statistical nature of cost-
benefit analysis. However, in Hermit's world, the future was
foreordained to unfold precisely as he predicted, and when it didn't, he
refused to acknowledge the fact.
And no, I do not keep a picture of Hermit beside my monitor; I simply
respond to the emails I receive, as does everyone here.