virus: topic

From: Calvin Ashmore (coa@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 19:41:06 MDT

An idea for a new topic: Passion.

Passion is an antithesis to apathy, so it is a positive quality. However
passion may be triggered memetically, when internal and dear memes are
threatened, which is clearly undesirable. Is it possible to have a purely
intellectual passion which is driven by reason, or must there still be some
sort of memetic foundation which underlies it all?

Seems like a good idea at the time :]
especially as there has been a lot of pumping of hot blood in the list.

Thoughts?

(And thank you, Walter, for supporting me, it is much appreciated)

-Calvin (Wondering if I should stay in the sun for a bit before returning to
the shadows...)