virus: Hermit

From: Jkr438@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 20:34:54 MDT

I think Zloduska has very well articulated my own position. Though I am not a minion of Hermit, I do continue to consider him a friend. Though I do not hold his same position vis a vis US policy, I do appreciate his pointing out some criticisms of US policy though I may not always consider them as valid as he might. I have had some misgivings about his willingness to take these issues to a personal level, but then Hermit's perspective does not match my own, and I don't have a lot of sympathy for him in the case of those whom wish to match him personal blow for blow. All this said, I expect that Hermit shall return in the forseeable future, and we all need to be ready to find a place for him in our community, even if it may not be the place that he has held. From, whence comes this charitable attitude? Well, regardless of how empathic everyone believes Hermit to be (I certainly would agree that he falls weakest in this virtue though he may strive in reason and vision), he certainly has not displayed apat
hy regarding the Church of the Virus. As far as I am concerned he still has a place with us whenever and if ever he decides to reclaim it. I have no real complaint about Joe or Casey in re: to Hermit's willingness to bring this down to a personal/family level. Certainly hermit could not have reasonably expected differently. I only find it somewhat interesting that the counter-apathy (those willing to let Hermit continue in his "kineticarchy" {a word he used meaning "rule by those who act"}) could not really be overcome until the discourse had actually descended to this level. Though the current atmosphere seems to now run against Hermit since he has gone, we all should reflect on these facts. Whatever else Hermit may have been, I don't think he was dishonest or unwilling to act at least in terms of his particular vision for the CoV. And in this regard, as much as we may otherwise deplore his behavior, the new "regime" should certainly not hesitate to ask themselves if they are willing to at least meet
hese minimal standards as they seek to surpass his performance.

Love,

-Jake