virus: One more thing...

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 22:47:42 MDT

        As a result of my essay TOOLS LANGUAGE AND TEXT,
(posted on the BBS) presented at a recent convocation of the Language
Origins Society, I was offered, by a professsor in attendance, a
teaching assistanceship at Berkeley with which to pursue a doctorate
degree on the philosophy of mind. I explained my situation to them,
and they are holding the offer open, for how long I do not know.
However, if my mother lives longer than that offer remains open, I will
count her longevity as a blessing rather than a curse. I believe in
myself, and if time closes that door, a person of my abilities will manage
to find other ways to parlay a 2190 GRE and a 3.63 GPA into a doctoral
scholarship. And when I obtain same, my local university (the University
of West Florida, from which I received their Outstanding Student Award
in the College of Arts and Sciences) has promised to hire me in a
professorial position, based upon the work that I have done there as an
undergraduate and graduate student.