virus: Virian Celebration

From: Hermit (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 16:49:23 MDT

    Where - Hermit Haven, Fairfield, Iowa.

    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&address=&city=Fairfield&state=IA&zipcode=52556&homesubmit=Get+Map

    When - Weekend 23-25 May, 2003.

    How - Drive - contact Hermit via this thread (expect replies when I return from a needed trip (expected return by next weekend). Fly - into Cedar Rapids and we will arrange transport if needed. Or network on this thread to arrange lifts.

    Stay - Low budget - if you don't mind sleeping bags, bring one and we'll find parking space. Our sleeping space is being allocated to the impecunious and couples. Medium budget - If you seek a hotel room, we have arranged a block rate at a local hotel. People sharing rooms will get a better price (in any case, less than $97) a night. Paupers - We will make some arrangement for those unable to afford hotels and who don't have sleeping bags.

    Purpose - to eat, drink, share music and celebrate the goodness of life (or at least its preference to the known alternatives :-). To discuss the future of the CoV and ideas to expand our reach and significance (including, possibly, the Rational Party). To enjoy ourselves.

    Who: All sharing the Virian aims are welcome.

    I'm not saying who will be there, as I think that those coming can choose to announce it for themselves if they wish to. Of course, the Hermit, Hermitess and Hypatia Lucifer will be there - along with a fair number of local and non-local Virians and fellow travellers. I will say that if those who have already accepted the invitation arrive, we expect a fair crowd.

    Suggestion - network on this thread, but keep addresses and phone numbers off the list. Google has an "infinite" memory. People coming by car, if you can provide lifts to others, please announce where you are coming from and how many places you have.

    Appeal: If anyone is coming from the Boston area, I have a Virian who would like to come, but needs a lift. Please drop me a line if you might be able to help.

    Sorry, I meant to say more, but life is hectic and I have to make a trip this week (in too much haste to meet anyone :-( ) Will try to expand on this next week-end.

    Thanks

    Hermit

    ----
    This message was posted by Hermit to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=28433>