RE: virus: Confession (warning: this is rather long)

From: Michelle Anderson (michelle@barrymenasherealtors.com)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 10:01:02 MDT

    One nugget to include in your ponderings:

    Apathy does not breed fear, it masks it. Most often the fear is one of
    accountability to self. As long as we have things to occupy our mind as
    "reasons" for our failings, we do not have to take responsibility for
    them. (Note: failings are completely relative and self-determined. I'm
    not talking about external judgement.) It is much more difficult to
    live a life of intention and action, because not only might we fail at
    our intention, we might cause something to happen that we have to
    regret! But imagine raising yourself as you might imagine raising a
    child. What kind of human would result from a rearing based on apathy?

    So that's my advice (though I know you didn't ask it) - raise yourself
    and create yourself as lovingly and earnestly as you would your own
    child. Not only will you turn out to be someone you can be proud of,
    but you'll gain valuable practice in helping others, your own children
    or otherwise, toward fulfillment. And don't be afraid of
    self-discipline. (Or just hire someone for spanking duties.)

    Best of luck
    -Michelle