virus: nature verses nurture question to take nap

From: Walter Watts (wlwatts@cox.net)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 16:39:03 MDT

    This is an "OLD" post, pardon moi......

    After a phone conversation with Jake last night and an article in this
    months "Skeptic" about black athletes and "slow vs. fast twitch muscle",
    I'm now prepared to lay the noisy nature verses nurture and how much
    question to sleep for a while.

    It's not a fixed contribution from either component, even in a
    particular phenotype. It's dynamic and is layered in with the rest of
    the "streaming narrative" we call consciousness.
    At any given time, I would imagine the quantitative contribution from
    either genetics or past/present cognitive acquisitions to run up and
    down the fitness landscape like a horny teenager.

    Walter
    <who keeps finding a full spectrum of color when searching for black and
    white>

    --
    "Would you tell me please, which way i ought to walk from here?"
    "That depends a good deal on where you want to go," said the Cat.