virus: Re:Magnificent work in progress.

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 07:32:14 MDT

    [Hermit]
    Once again, Rhinoceros is demonstrating the kind of vision and dedication which makes it a delight to be a part of the CoV So, a special note of thanks to Rhinoceros for his laborious work building his "Classic Texts" series in the Philosophy and Religion BBS (http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=32) where Rhinoceros is creating a breathtaking synopsis of the development of modern scientific idiom. Reading his carefully selected and beautifully constructed posts will not take anyone a lot of time - and offers a great deal of very accessible insight into the development of the scientific method and many of its more significant implications - important for all Virians as this lies at the very heart of rational living.

    [rhinoceros]
    Oh, come on. Isn't it weird when you find your nickname in yet another piece of literature? :P

    I do believe that it is worth knowing about the paths that human thought has walked. It is good to have a perspective of when, under what circumstances, and how those questions were posed, answered in one way or another, or discarded.

    By the way, the reason I post the "Classic Texts" in single threads is inviting comments. Feel free to turn any of these threads into discussions.

    [bricoleur]
    Yes agreed, I too would like to thank you for this excellent series Rhino.

    Hopefully I will return to the CoV chat room soon...

    [rhinoceros]
    Thanks. See you, bricoleur.

    [Jake]
    Certainly a nice break from inane regurgitated neo-con-spin-babble any day of the week. Guaranteed!

    [rhinoceros]
    Heh, I think I'll pass on taking the position at the opposite corner of the ring for now :P

    ----
    This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=28640>