virus: On Viriian epistemology: (was Facts on illegal immigrant health care costs to the rest of "us")

From: Rafael Anschau (anschau.ez@terra.com.br)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 13:00:07 MDT

    I noticed that the word Fact is widely used to turn a statement into an axiom,
    but as a Godel pointed out, every axiom is grounded on another non-provable axiom...

    Could it be that the meta-axiom we all agree to hold as true, IN SPITE of Godel's Theorem is
    the computer ? This is, when we talk about facts we're saying that a variable has such value,
    or that a computation has yielded a specific result ? I define a fact as computational
    analysis of some system, and that works for me. Any comments ?

    []'s

    Rafael