Re:virus: META: aol.com is blocking all mail from lucifer.com

From: Hermit (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Mon Jun 30 2003 - 18:14:55 MDT

    See also the appended file, lucifer.txt (added to my previous message) and the one I will attach to this message after it hits the list, luciferarpa.txt, which contain all the name server references affecting the resolution of your mx records. These are the results of running:

    > dnstrace mx lucifer.com a.root-servers.net > lucifer
    > dnstracesort < lucifer > lucifer.txt

    and

    > dnstrace mx lucifer.com a.root-servers.net > lucifer
    > dnstracesort < lucifer > luciferarpa.txt

    (Refer http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/debugging.html). This suggests that there are some latent troubles with your DNS setup (notice especially the varying timing data which will give some bind based resolvers kittens). If you still have a Windows system, I suggest you download the QuickDNS trial at http://www.menandmice.com/5000/5000_downloads.html and double check your namespaces.

    Kind Regards

    Hermit

    ----
    This message was posted by Hermit to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=28772>