virus: Sunday, so I am giving thanks

From: Jonathan Davis (jonathan@limbicnutrition.com)
Date: Sun Jul 06 2003 - 06:24:31 MDT

    Dear Fellows,

    Thank you all very much for the superb work you have been doing. From
    the delight I feel charting little Haley growing up to the frankly
    brilliant discussions and submissions that the CoV spawns, I have been
    consistently stimulated, fascinated and in an odd way, healed.

    You see, I have an emotional reaction to intellectual matters. I get
    depressed and agitated when I see bunk being propagated unanswered or I
    feel that ignorance and benightedness are advancing. It makes me poorly.
    That is why I love being part of this community. It is like a health spa
    for my mind. The contributions and discussions here restore my faith in
    reason, sanity and humanity.

    This church brings to mind a beautiful line of poetry:

    "Defenseless under the night our world in stupor lies. Yet, dotted
    everywhere, ironic points of light flash out wherever the just exchange
    their messages...."*

    Here the just exchange their messages and it is my honor to be counted
    amongst you.

    Fond regards to you all,

    Jonathan

    * "September 1, 1939" By WH Auden