virus: Big Bang alternatives, anyone?

From: bricoleur (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 11:04:24 MDT

    Greetings,

    I have appreciated, and still do, the time and effort Hermit and Walter both put into the supply of valuable information to the CoV regarding the BB, and cosmology in general.

    Of particular value to myself is when this information is in the guise of a debate and is being used to support a particular argument, etc. It is in this tradition that I decided to search for what was being touted as “Big Bang alternatives” – of course there were many, but I found 3 (links below) of which at my current level of understanding I found myself inadequately equipped to find a response to.

    http://www.polaris.net/~ksn/beta.htm
    http://www.spacedaily.com/news/cosmology-02c.html
    http://www.calresco.org/cosmic.htm

    I would appreciate any comments as to how I may begin to pry open the theories advocated in the above links… anyone?

    Thanks,
    the bricoleur

    ----
    This message was posted by bricoleur to the Virus 2003 board on Church of Virus BBS.
    <http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=54;action=display;threadid=28802>