virus: I propose that we will turn the universe into a garden.

From: Walter Watts (wlwatts@cox.net)
Date: Sat Jul 12 2003 - 14:59:26 MDT

    From a post David Mc. passed on:

    "It has been said that growth is the ideology of the cancer cell. This
    is true, but it is also the ideology of the orchid. Without constant
    attempts to sprout seeds everywhere the orchid would die out. Even if it
    did survive at a guaranteed constant number it would not have any
    incentive to evolve. It is the constant struggle to produce more orchids
    that have made orchids evolve their bulbs and air-roots, their amazing
    flowers to entice insects and vast variety of ecological niches. It is
    thanks to growth and evolution that we achieve beauty."

    "I propose that we will turn the universe into a garden."

    Hmmm. If man's past is any indicator, I'm thinking more like a compost
    heap.

    Walter
    <whose vision virtue is attenuated today>

    --
    Walter Watts
    Tulsa Network Solutions, Inc.